Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dr. Hauschka eye cream

How long does your eye cream last?

I kid you not, I've been using this Dr. Hauschka eye cream for over a year now!! I apply a tiny amount every morning on my eye area and it makes my skin so smooth and moisturized. The cream itself is very light and the consistence is more like a fluid.



It gets absorbed very easily. However, I like to wait at least 5-10 minutes before I put on concealer because it blends in better that way. 

The herbal scent isn't as strong as you'd assume it to be, actually I'd even say it's quite neutral. And before I forget to mention, the color is yellow-ish. Now let's move to the ingredients list:

Ingredients
Water/Aqua, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Rosa Damascena Flower Water (Rose Distillate), Glycerin, Alcohol, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Beeswax/Cera Alba, Althaea Officinalis (Marsh Mallow) Leaf Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Hectorite, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Lysolecithin (Hydrolyzed Lecithin), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil,Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Oil, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract,Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Geraniol

The Dr. Hauschka eye cream comes in a very hygienic tube made of aluminium. I still have some product left but it has beome quite difficult to squeeze BECAUSE it is aluminium.(●>ω<●) But then I prefer this over a jar....


This is how it looks in real-life. Not so pretty, eh? lol

I feel guilty that I love this cream so much. Of course, it claims to prevent signs of premature aging and refining fine lines... However, I'm realistic enough to not believe all this but I'm still loving this product. (=ω=。)

I am seriously torn between whether to re-purchase this cream or not. It's quite pricey for merely 12,5 ml content. I will update on this when I've made my decision. 

7 comments:

Joyce said...

i've been looking for a good eye cream!! this looks like an ideal product, gonna look into it. thanks for the review :) (and yes, dr hauschka products are $$$$$)

Vivi said...

I'm going to look at this one since I've been looking for another eye cream product, too. Does it cause milia seeds whenever you apply more than the usual amount?

cream puff said...

Nope, not in my case. But I'm only using it in the morning as described. I like this cream very much but it's so $$$$.

liv said...

i also loooooove this cream. mine is after 1 year of being in use a bit more than half empty - guess that would be a good excuse for you to actually by a new one. 23E / lets say 18 month.. well thats a bit more than 1E a month ;) did that help you to dare buying your favorite eyecream again ;) i always do these calculations but of course my bankaccount finds them a bit fishy ;) groetjes, liv

cream puff said...

@liv: Eigentlich hast du ja Recht, aber ich habe das Geld jetzt leider andersweitig investiert. ^O^;; Wow!! Wieso hält deine Tube so viel länger als meine? Sagenhaft!! (Mittlerweile quetsche ich schon wirklich den allerletzten Rest raus ^^;;)

Amanda said...

I am a little bit obsessed with all things German. Last time I went to Germany and wanted to buy a Dr. Hauschka eye cream, but it was out of stock! I ended up buying another brand, Annemarie Borlind. I have no idea about the price, but I guess it may be way more expensive to buy it (Dr.Hauschka)local.

teresa bowen said...

We all know that lots of girls are hoping to be one of the most beautiful with a smooth and soft skin. I want to share with you the hauschka which provides good services and good results.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...