Monday, May 9, 2011

Skincare part 1

Wow, this is my first real post on something beauty-related. lol (≧∇≦)
Today I want to write about my skincare history and why I ended up using mostly organic and natural cosmetics. First let me tell you that I'm NOT using it because it is trendy !!(。・Д・。)



Some products that I'm currently using.
   
I had a lot of pimples when I was around 16 yrs old, I felt so ugly and consequently my self-esteem was low. It was during that time that I started using skincare products because I wanted to look pretty. lol ┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌

Luckily I don't have a lot of acne scars because I didn't use harsh products and somehow the pimples vanished on their own without a lot of trouble. However, I used sooooo many different products for my skin, changing quite often or when I spotted a new product that sounded promising. But the truth is that I never was happy with anything I tried. I guess that's the reason why I kept on changing products so often. Believe me, I tried expensive stuff, cheap stuff and when I reached my 20s I was only using products like Vichy and Avène which are made for sensitive skin. Many Asians have oily or combination skin and I was the only one among my friends who had super sensitive and dry skin...

However, my complexion didn't improve, my skin was red, dry and flaky. Sometimes my pores were clogged and I got a pimple every now and then. But never on the zones that are normally more oily than the rest of the face like the t-zone, no, I got pimples around my cheeks and sometimes they were HUGE.... I was wondering why.... I didn't use any make-up and sunscreen - booh on that!! - and yet, I suffered from the pimples because it took weeks(!!!) until they completely healed up. (≧Д≦)

Being unhappy and pretty unsatisfied with my skincare products I started to look for other options and it was during that time when I first heard of organic cosmetics. I admit I was beeing a bit hesitant because of the smell.... The products smell weird and it took me some time until I overcame the smell and started to like the products. They didn't break me out and I could see how my skin improved after using organic stuff. I dare to say that I almost found my holy grail in skincare because I'm still very happy with it and don't see why I should change something about my routine. (●⌒∇⌒●) Of course, I know that the skin will change during the years but I also came to realize that I my expectations of skincare was set too high when I was younger. Yeah, you could say I was young and foolish....The thing is that you can't expect a cream to completely change your complexion, because it's only a cream and there is a limit to what a cream can do no matter how expensive it was. But that's another topic for discussion which I will save for later so stay tuned.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...