Thursday, June 9, 2011

Alverde Augencreme Augentrost

Here comes another eye cream review. ( ̄▽ ̄;)

Actually I only bought this Alverde eye cream because my Dr. Hauschka Daily Revitalizing Eye Cream is expensive (retails for around 23€ depending on where you buy it - in the US $51.95) and it's mentioned in the description to use it every morning. It's not stated if you should also use it in the evening that's why I also purchased a cream for the evening as well.  I know it IS a silly reason..... But sometimes you need an excuse to buy new products. *cough* ヾ( ~▽~)ツ

Alverde is a German drugstore natural cosmetic brand and it comes with a BDIH seal which means it is certified natural cosmetics. If you are interested please browse their website for further information. Here are a few things that I took from their site:

    The makers of the products marked with the BDIH "Certified Natural Cosmetics" seal use natural raw material such as plant oils, fats and waxes, herbal extracts and essential oils and aromatic materials from controlled biological cultivation or controlled biological wild collection.

Augentrost is eyebright or Euphrasia which helps to reduce eye irritations.

The Alverde eye cream is suitable for all skin types but to be honest I won't recommend this for oily skin types unless your eye area is dry because of its texture. It is a thick white paste and it surprisingly does blend in very well leaving a nice moisturized feeling. In the evening I tend to use creams, especially eye products that are rich but that's just my preference...


Ingredients
Aqua, Zea Mays Germ Oil, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Glycerin, Aloa Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder*, Cera Alba, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter*, Sucrose Distearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil*, Squalane, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil*, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract*, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract*, Lupinus Albus Seed Oil, Sucrose Cocoate, Tapioca Starch, Parfum**, Limonene**, Linalool**, Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil Unsaponifiables, Calcium Alginate, Galactoarabinan, Bisabolol
*ingredients from certified organic agriculture
**from natural essential oils

It comes in a plastic tube and contains 15 ml. I'm seriously surprised by its shelf-life of more than 12 months even without any chemical preservation!! The price is fantastic as well, I paid less than 4€ (to be precise 3,75€) for a tube that lasts me for a long while. The smell is neutral, not very strong herbal-scented actually it's the typical Alverde scent which I cannot describe very well...

Sounds pretty nice, doesn't it? (±∀±;) But let's proceed to the bad part now:

This cream isn't a good base for concealer so that's why I cannot use this in the morning as well. My concealer doesn't blend in so it makes my undereye area looks weird. Moreover, I'm not quite sure if everyone likes that rich consistence, some might consider it as too heavy for the delicate eye area or fear that it might cause milia seeds. I don't have this problem, though.

Overall you get a great product for a good price.(・∀<)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I bought this alverde eye cream one year ago. When I read the package, I thought "trost" in "Augentrost" meant dry. So I concluded that the eye cream was for dry eyes. So I mentally translated it to "for wrinkles." Only later did I find out that the meaning of "Augentrost" meant to be otherwise... Goodness. I mixed "trost" with "troken"... A stupid mistake for not checking the dictionary.

cream puff said...

How do you like this eye cream? I heard the company changed the formulation so it now does contain alcohol (second or third position in/on(??) the ingredients list)....

Well, Trost literally means comfort or consolation and I think it's quite matching. Something to soothe your eyes. lol ^O^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...