Sunday, June 26, 2011

Alverde Lip Balm Peppermint


I'm being honest..... I totally lost count of my lip products. (●~▽~●)

Sometimes I think that I lost my lip balm (I cannot go outside without carrying a lip care product with me) so I buy a new one only to find it in another hand bag later on. Yeah that's why my collection grows bigger from time to time. But they're mostly identical since I like to stick with my favorite brands. (-д-;)

Actually it's pretty convenient to own so many, because there must be one nearby when needed. ( ̄▽ ̄)

One of my current favorite product is definitely the Alverde lip balm. It comes in a plastic pot and contains 7 g. Like the usual I totally forgot the price but I'm sure it was NOT more than 3 EUR.


Color and texture-wise it resembles Vaseline but the smell is completely different. As it contains peppermint oil it smells a bit like chewing gum. I really like the scent because it's not strong and it feels so refreshing after you applied the balm on your lips.


I first tried this out during the cold winter and I find it a little bit hard to apply. However, I don't have this problem right now. At the moment it is very creamy.

The lasting power is average. Usually I put this on before I go to sleep and the next day I'll wake up with moisturized lips. (*⌒3⌒*)

Ingredients
Ricinus Communis Oil*, Rhus Verniciflua Cera, Stearic Acid, Simmondsia Chinensis Cera, Hydrogenated Rapeseed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Olea Europaea Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter*, Lecithin, Mangifera Indica Seed Oil, Mentha Piperita Oil*, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vegetable Oil, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Limonene**, Linalool**
*ingredients from certified organic agriculture,
**from natural essential oils



What I personally don't like is the container. I'm not a huge fan of potted lip balms in general. It's not hygienic to use your fingers so I won't recommend this on the go. (≧ヘ≦ ) Even at home I'd use a Q-tip to scratch some product to apply on my lips - I'm not using my fingers! (ー△ー;)

Actually I'm not sure if I'll buy this again because one little pot lasts you a long time. I'm using it every evening and as you can see my pot is still more than half-full. (*゚O゚)

Overall it's a pretty cool lip care product if you don't mind the peppermint.

2 comments:

Pop Champagne said...

I love peppermint so I gotta give this product a try, great detailed review!

cream puff said...

Hey, thanks for commenting! ^^ Glad that you found my review useful. lol However, this product is only available in Germany. But I don't mind sending you a pot if you want to just drop me a line.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...