Tuesday, June 28, 2011

DIY oatmeal cleanser fail



Did I ever mention that I'm a huge fan of DIY beauty?

Well, but that doesn't mean that everything is good for my skin.... ( ̄∧ ̄) I don't know why homemade never seems to work for me. o(TヘTo)

Saw this beauty tip on Bubz's website a couple of days(?)/weeks(?) ago and I just had to try it out because it looks easy and quickly done.  Besides, I've heard a lot of oatmeal and its beneficial effect before but I never got the chance to actually test it. However, the plan failed right at the beginning - guess why? I didn't have oatmeal at home and it was during a Sunday which means all supermarkets are closed. (▼□▼メ) Lucky me...

Okay, so I bought oatmeal the next day and tried it out in the morning. It was such a MESS and I feared that the oatmeal would clog my sink!! (≧ヘ≦ )

Apart from that my skin was indeed super soft afterwards - it was amazing and I was happy. ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ

Sounds great? Yes, but sometimes it is just too good to be true!

At first I didn't notice anything weird but after a few days I found out that my skin got a little bit red around my cheeks. I observed this for a couple of days and in the end I was sure that my new oatmeal face wash was causing the red areas! I'm just so glad that it didn't turn out to be some itchy skin rash. Now that I've stopped using oatmeal my skin condition improved and the redness disappeared.

I watched Bubz's video tutorial later on and in my opinion she almost used it like a facial scrub (on a daily basis!!) which I didn't. I gently pressed the oatmeal onto my skin and rolled it from the center of my face to the outer parts. (This is actually the application method of the Dr. Hauschka cleansing cream)

I guess my skin is just too sensitive for all sorts of DIY beauty stuff in general. That was a close shave and I have to be extra careful in the future!!!! ( ̄〜 ̄)

7 comments:

liv said...

jaja do it yourself klingt immer sehr spassig und verlockend aber manchmal bleibst eben auch bei einer testphase, von schwarzentee ueber den koerper spreuhen, olivenoel o. eier in haare schmieren, bis hin zu Gurken aufs gesichts klingts noch ziemlich save.. aber das war eben alles nicht auf dauer. danke fuers teilen deiner erfahrung LG liv

Lina Kim ♥ said...

aah I used to wear it as a mask. I mixed it with honey and plain yoghurt and it did well banishing pimple, etc. maybe you have to check that the oat contain no artifical sweeteners or preservatives?

I saw a girl on blogsphere wearing this as a mask for one month and her skin become amazingly clear!

Amanda said...

I also use oatmeal in my diy remedy, and I have no problem with it (in fact, I love it so much). Probably because I only use it as a mask (with some honey and water). It's a pity that it doesn't go with your skin.

cream puff said...

Thanks for the lovely comments!! ^3^

I guess I'll try the mask in the future when my skin has recovered from the summer... Maybe I should switch to organic oatmeal.

@liv: Also ich habe mir noch nie Eier in die Haare geschmiert. Aber hilft es denn wirklich? Wenn ja, dann sollte ich es mal probieren. haha!! ^O^;;

Pearl said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only person to be experiencing this! After hearing so many good reviews about the oatmeal cleanser I decided to test it out. Like you said, it DID make your skin feel soft & firm but my cheeks were quite red after using it T_T

Just followed ur blog! ^^ Check out mine if you have time~

http://pearlywearly.blogspot.com/

x

Nic Nic said...

I have heard great stuff about this! I would def try this out if it wasn't pricey in japan haha. do you have a muslin cloth? I think it would help to wrap the oat meals into muslin cloth, add water and squeeze the water into a bowl to wash. That way you wont clog up your sink and you can just throw away the oatmeal after use. You can also wash the muslin cloth too.

Nic Nic said...

oh i just re-read a paragraph - sorry to hear you're allergic to it! I once had a reaction to it using EVOO and decided to never put that on my skin again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...