Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Alverde Gloss & Peeling



First of all, I don't know if it's just me, but I seriously hate all the Denglish words that I encounter on a daily basis. ( ≧ヘ≦) I admit I'm also using Denglish sometimes (I try to avoid using these words whenever I can!!) but I hate to see them printed on beauty products or instruction manuals!!

My all-time favorite is the word peeling, followed by liquid blush! Sounds horrible and pseudo-english to me. I guess native speakers would use the words scrub, exfoliator and cheek stain. You may correct me if I'm wrong!! (´・д・`) Anyway!! Let's move to the product that I want to talk about today~

It's called Alverde Gloss & Peeling and it's a lip gloss/scrub thing. Sounds a bit confusing at first but this product is actually pretty versatile, a perfect allrounder for lazy people like me. (* ̄ω ̄)



It resembles a thick pink milky gloss and contains vanilla and cane sugar for the exfoliating effect. Basically you just have to apply the gloss on your lips and lightly rub. Then use a tissue to wip off the residue. If you want you can also leave it on your lips for a rich and moisturizing feeling.

A tube contains 15 ml and costs 2,95 EUR if I remember correctly. It's a subtle caramell/vanilla scent which doesn't smell artificial and too chemical.


Ingredients
Ricinus Communis Oil*, Lanolin, Brassica Campestris Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer, Rhus Verniciflua Cera, Cera Carnauba*, Candelilla Cera, Sucrose*, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Olea Europaea Oil*, Mica, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil*, Theobroma Cacao Butter*, CI 77891, Glycine Soja Oil*, Vanilla Planifolia Extract*, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil*, Alcohol*, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, CI 77163, CI 77491, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Parfum**, Limonene**, Geraniol**, Citral**, Linalool**, Benzyl Alcohol**, Citronellol**, Anisyl Alcohol**
* ingredients from certified organic agriculture
** from natural essential oils

I love this product so much but sadly there are some negative aspects that I need to mention. First of all, I purchased mine from the Alverde Chocolate Lips limited edition, it was the debut of this lip gloss/scrub and everyone went crazy to get a hold of this product. There were lots of requests so it became part of the permanent product range very soon with improved formulation. As you can see on my swatches, the gloss contains little black crumbs so I can only use it at home because going outside with little black dots on your lips is sooo sexy and appealing~  (@д@;)




I guess it comes from the vanilla but like I said, the new improved gloss which you can find in the stores now doesn't have this problem. Only the first generation products are affected but still it's a downfall for me. lol

Also, don't expect too much from the exfoliating effect, because it's only a minor one. It's not really helpful when you're suffering from chapped lips. Other than that, it's pretty moisturizing and creamy, my lips feel super smooth and soft when I apply that before I go sleeping. I've been using this for a very long time now. I like to switch between this and the Alverde Lippenbalsam and can't really decide which product I like better because both are great! ヽ(・∀・)ノ

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...