Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Logona Age Protection Hand Cream



I already mentioned that I love buying hand creams, didn't I? However, I still don't cream my hands often enough... *sigh* (=ω=。)

Logona is another brand that produces personal care products based on natural ingredients. Their product range is really huge. They almost have everything including skin care, body care, make up, hair care, products for men and a lot more!

This hand cream is from their Age Protection series made for *cough* mature skin and it claims (taken from their US website):

    Age Protection Hand Cream offers protection against development of age spots and skin discolorations caused by sun exposure. Its very rich formulation includes a mineral-based solar shield and ricinus oil, a natural, skin brightening active ingredient. Natural Vitamin E protects the skin from environmental damages. Organically grown almond, olive and jojoba oil, as well as calendula extracts, provide esential hydration, leaving hands noticeably soft and smooth.

Okay, I don't think that this cream is especially rich at best it is a little bit more than average. Does it even make sense? lol ( ̄▽ ̄;)



After application it gets absorbed super quickly, however, the feeling afterwards is a bit weird. It is moisturizing but at the same time it feels a bit sticky in a strange way. You can touch things without leaving any marks but your hands don't feel smooth. I don't like this feeling at all! (±∀±;)

Now moving on to the smell. Wow.... it truly fulfills the stereotype of natural cosmetics! o(≧◇≦)o The fragrance is terrible!! I am used to strong herbal scented products but I dislike the smell so much that I stopped using the Logona Age Protection Hand cream altogether. (;☆ω☆)

Price-wise I paid 10,95 EUR for a tube containing 75 ml.

Logona isn't your typical low-end drugstore brand (like Alverde...) even though it is available in the local drugstore I'd classify it as mid-range.

Ingredients
Aqua (Water), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet) Almond Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Tapioca Starch, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Glycerin, Cetearyl Glucoside, Parfum (Essential Oil), Cetearyl Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Behenyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Titanium Dioxide, Zink Oxide, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol

Sorry, but to me this was a fail. !(◎ー◎;)At this price you can easily purchase a cream that performs better. But I have to say that the quality of the ingredients seem to be higher than from any drugstore brand products.


I guess I'd like this cream better if they could change the formulation so it doesn't feel weird on my hands. The fragrance is another story.... To be fair it doesn't stink but it's not really made for my nose. Whenever I think of the scent I will get goose bumps. lol o((>ω<o))

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...