Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Alverde Aqua Augen Roll-On Perle



It's been a while since I've talked about eye care products, didn't I? It's about time to continue with my series. Actually this product is not a cream but oh well... (^ー^;)It caught my interest because I often wake up with eyes like that (◎ー◎)and I heard that products with cooling effect should work great and may help to reduce the puffiness....

When you remove the plastic cap you will see this metal ball.


Ingredients
Aqua, Alcohol*, Glycerin, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Maris Sal, Hydrolyzed Pearl Extract, Rhizobian Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Parfum**, Linalool**, Limonene**

* ingredients from certified organic agriculture
** from natural essential oils




As you can see, it's a little plastic bottle containing 15 ml. The product is clear with a texture between watery and jelly-like when applied freshly and it is pretty quick-drying. A very decent scent that smells hm... refreshing and maritim. I know it's not a scent but you'll get this cool breeze and Davidoff Cool Water feeling if you know what I'm talking about lol. (*´▽`*) It is suitable for normal and combination skin. In my case it  works fine but then my eye area has never been overly sensitive to begin with. Fingers crossed!! (*´ゝд・*)

At first glance it seems to be great for on the go, because it is a handy small bottle but I highly doubt if it is hygienic to use a roller when being outside. "Oh please wait a minute, I need to keep my delicate eye area moisturized..." (〃∇〃)  Yeah that' lame.

However, I will only apply this on a clean face because you know... I have issues with being uber-hygienic, though I know that bacteria is pretty much everywhere... even on a freshly washed face. (o*~∇~)o



Overall I wouldn't say that this product is a must-have item. It is nice but if you pay a closer look to the ingredients list you will see that this eye roller is basically nothing more than water and alcohol. Of course, Alverde says this product contains hyaluronic acid and sea salt but definitely not more than 10%.(T^T)Also I cannot see any kind of improvement after using this and honestly you don't really need something just for the cooling effect. Eye pads (not iPads!! lol!! (〃∇〃) ) from the fridge will do the same job. Save your money. Okay, it is pretty cheap for organic stuff with proper certification but still.... I'm not going to repurchase this.

The other problem I encounter is the correct order to use this roller, if there is one. Should I use this instead of a cream, before or after? I cannot figure it out...(o¬ω¬o)

2 comments:

Nic Nic said...

i got curious with the roller-ball types of eye serums and just got myself the clinique one. hope it works! so nice that you were able to find one with natural ingredients!

cream puff said...

I hope the Clinique roller works better than this one. I can't see any results! =.=;;

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...