Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Alverde Body Spray Grapefruit Kiwi


Do you like to use this type of product? There are various names such as body splash, body mist and body spray etc. in the end they're all the same to me. ( *~∇~)

Pampelmuse means grapefruit, btw. I don't use this word though. Prefer grapefruit over Pampelmuse. lol

I meant to write about this product a long time ago because I thought it's great for hot summer days. Sadly this year's summer was kind of non-existent and I ended up forgetting about this spray altogether. (;☆ω☆)

Even though it's called summer edition I still spotted these in several DM shops a couple of weeks ago. Please hurry if you want to grab a bottle. There's another fragrance available called Water Mint but grapefruit and kiwi sounded more appealing to me. (●゚д゚●)


Ingredients:
Aqua, Alcohol*, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Actinidia Chinensis Fruit Water, Parfum**, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Limonene**, Geraniol**, Citral**, Linalool**

* ingredients from certified organic agriculture
** from natural essential oils

It is not expensive, you get 100 ml for just 2-3 EUR. The scent is fruity sweet but not too strong.




I like to spritz it all over my body after shower when the skin is still damp and it feels so refreshing after a hot summer day.

I just wish the scent would last longer. The lovely fresh and sweet fragrance is gone in 5 minutes or at least it feels like that!! The scent is very subtle after a few minutes. Plus I think it'll be too drying if used on a daily basis. It is a light and refreshing spray but I don't find it moisturizing though. Definitely not made for people with dry skin so I'm not using it very often. Also don't expect a fine mist covering your skin, it's rather wet and watery, the nozzle is bad but I don't mind since I use my hands to spread it over the rest of my body just like I'd normally do with a body lotion. (=∇=) At first it does feel sticky but this feeling will fade away very quickly.

I'm not overly impressed perhaps I just had wrong expectations? I wholeheartedly believe that it works better in hot and humid regions or any place with real summer. ( ̄ー ̄) Definitely won't repurchase - don't get me wrong it isn't a bad product but after having tested this I finally understood that I'm not a body splash person.I go back to the lotion/butter/oil range.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...