Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Clay Mask



Last time I've talked about the Dr. Hauschka facial steam bath and today's post will be about a product that is highly recommended to use directly after the steam bath.

Info stolen taken from the Dr. Hauschka website:

    Deep-cleansing intensive care
    Witch hazel and daisy extracts with their deep-cleansing, invigorating properties are at work in the Dr.Hauschka Cleansing Clay Mask. Blackheads and hyperkeratinized skin are gently detached. The nasturtium has a soothing effect on reddened, sensitive skin.

Here I must say that it really works great on my super sensitive skin which I'd never expected. (●~▽~●) Morever, it also claims to be:

    Exfoliates and purifies
    Absorbs excess sebum and impurities. Deep cleansing and disinfecting. Use once a week for deep exfoliation and cleansing. For all skin conditions.




It comes in a sturdy ceramic (at least I think it is ceramic....) jar that contains 90g. However, I never really paid attention to how long this jar lasts me.... major fail!! (‐ω‐;;) Since it's clay powder you have to mix it according to the despription/leaflet which is:

    Simply mix the mask to a creamy paste with water, a few drops of Facial Toner and mybe a small blob of your own Dr. Hauschka day care product, and apply to the face. Leave the mask to work for up to 15 minutes, then remove. The mask binds loose dead skin cells, waste matter eliminated through the skin and particles of grime. The result: a clear, smooth complexion.  




I kid you not, but the purifying part is sooooo true! Your skin feels clean and fresh afterwards. I'm beyond words.



Excuse me for the shocking and scandalous demonstration photo. I know it doesn't show my best side but it's an amusing sight, don't you agree? (*/////∇/////*)

To be honest, whenever I want to use this mask I have to overcome this lazy feeling inside me because it's always such a hassle to mix the paste. Also, I fear the residue would clog my sink!!!! (┳Д┳) Somehow I never get the hang of  the perfect timing of doing both steam facial and clay mask...

Putting some negative aspects aside what I really love about this product is of course its wonderful purifying and cleasing effect along with the great variation on how to use this mask. You could always add different Dr. Hauschka products to the mask, depending on your own skin condition. Okay, the truth is that I don't do that. I just want to lead all my readers into temptation that's all!! ahahahahaa~~ ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ

Now back to being serious.

To be fair I haven't tested out other clay products so far and I can't say if clay masks have this clarifying and deep cleansing effect in general!! If you're already using this type of mask and you're happy with it, there's no need to buy another one with the same effect. That's my honest opinion. I don't think it works better because it's from a specific brand it just happens that my skin tolerates the mixture and that's the only reason why I still stick with this clay mask that is rather pricey.

2 comments:

Nic Nic said...

this sounds like an awesome product.. not surprised since Dr Hauschka is renowned for their skin care. I remember trying out their rose cream a few years back!

cream puff said...

Ah! The rose cream is a very nice product! I love the smell so much! haha. But I guess it's breaking me out. Maybe I need to test it again this fall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...