Friday, August 12, 2011

Greetings from far away

...... or from my home country!! ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ


My auntie just got back from Hongkong a couple of days ago and she brought me some snacks and 月餅 aka mooncake. I like mooncake. (*^▽^*) But I'm not familiar with Chinese festivals since we never celebrated any of them. Yes, including Chinese New Year.... (*´Д`*)

I didn't mind when I was younger but as I got older it really feels like something is missing from my culture.

Sometimes when the entire world is talking about an event which I cannot relate to I feel left out. Just a little bit. Actually I'm happy as long as I get the chance to eat. lol

In the meanwhile I'm enjoying my yummy mooncake along with a cup of green tea with cherry blossoms which is also a souvenir that I got from some weeks ago. I guess this makes today somewhat special to me even though the combo is a little bit mismatching, Chinese mooncake and Japanese green tea? Uh never mind. lol (*´∀`*)

Hey I know it's still a long way until 中秋節 but I don't like to wait and my mom said it's okay to eat one of the mooncakes. Besides, what's the point of putting them away for a month? They aren't fresh anymore. Why do I find myself making excuses....(~O~)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...