Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My lips but better


I'm not much of a lip stick wearer in fact I prefer glosses. When choosing a lip gloss  I like to go for either pink or neutral colored ones because my everyday look is in fact very simple. (*´・ω・`*)

Shiny Terra is a brownish pink shade which adds this extra bit of shimmer and glossy shine to my lips.(*^3^)



What I love about this gloss is this non-sticky and moisturizing feeling afterwards. Sadly this isn't very long-lasting because it somewhat disappears after 1 or 2 hours on its own. But I don't reapply most of the time and just put on lip balm because it's more convenient. Basically I find myself leaving the house with lip gloss on and return home with lip balm on my lips. lol

Now to the tricky part - I don't know how to describe the scent. There is parfum inside but I wouldn't have noticed this at all since I only smell this subtle typical Alverde scent. I'm already used to this so I'm okay with it. (*^0^*)

Ingredients:
Ricinus Communis Oil*, Lanolin, Brassica Campestris Aleurites/ Fordi Oil Copolymer, Rhus Verniciflua Cera, Cera Carnauba*, Candelilla Cera, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil*, Glycine Soja Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter*, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil*, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Alcohol*, Maltodextrin, Parfum**, Linalool**, Limonene**, Geraniol**, Citronellol**, Benzyl Benzoate**, Citral**, [+/- Mica, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, CI 77163, CI 75470, Silica, Alumina, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate]
* ingredients from certified organic agriculture
** natural essential oils




Perhaps the pictures aren't very convincing but it looks much prettier in real life. It matches the color of my lips almost perfectly, creating very natural rosy lips with shine. I'm wearing it alone but I think you can also wear it on top of a lip stick. (*⌒ー⌒*) Definitely my favorite neutral lip gloss shade!

There's also a  lip stick called Shiny Terra available but I find that the color isn't exactly the same as the gloss so I didn't pick it up nor do I plan to. Besides, I'm not much of a lipstick wearer and almost all Alverde lipsticks have one thing in common: They're drying. (≧◇≦)

2 comments:

Mar said...

nice review about this, love! I'm looking forward to have my very own :) do visit my blog when you ahve the time!

Not Your Ordinary Beauty Queen

Amanda said...

I also prefer lipgloss than lipsticks. Pink and natural colors are my favorite. But sometimes, when I see people wear red on their lips, I find it very fascinating. So, if there is a time when I'm piqued, I may try some bold, pigmented colors, like red or purple.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...