Saturday, September 3, 2011

Favorite eyeliner brush


I'm very particular about eyeliner brushes. My ideal brush needs to be angled and most importantly bent like shown above. I tried using flat angled brushes before but I wasn't happy with the results. (´-ω-`)

I was super happy when Alverde released a gel eyeliner brush so I bought it right away and it has been my favorite brush ever since then. It was during that time that I refined my eyeliner-drawing-technique. (*⌒∇⌒)



The brush is made of synthetic hair and the bristles are very soft and firm, ideal for precise application of your eyeliner. I remember that I struggled so much to get a straight and precise line done!! With the bent shape you can easily control the angle, especially towards the end of your line. I like to draw a wing and I find the application super quick and easy when working with this brush. Really. Better than using a flat brush!

However, there's a major downfall for this brush. I'm not sure if it has to do with the quality or am I just mistreating my precious tool?! (×ω×)Look at this!!


This is how the brush looks like in a few months!! It's loosing its original shape! The hairs are fraying out!! Am I using the correct word for it, btw? Do you know what I mean? ( ≧ヘ≦)

I can't line my eyes properly when the brush looks like this because I need the bristles to stay firm for a precise fine line!


What am I doing wrong? I use the MAC brush cleanser because it is super quick in removing traces of makeup and disinfects my brush in one go. But I find that it's ruining my brush. I need to change something about the cleaning part since this brush is discontinued and I'm afraid I'll never find anything as good as this eyeliner brush from Alverde. sigh. (┳Д┳)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...