Saturday, September 24, 2011

Taking over the world


Well, not literally but I'm just surprised that Essence is also available in the US!!! I was like *&*#$^&*#^&)!! Crazy!!(●^д^●)I don't know why I'm so happy about it, though. Perhaps it's something that I've never expected in the first place. haha.

Anyway, Essence is a German drugstore brand and supposedly targeted at a younger audience. You could easily tell by the logo, design and color scheme, it's made to be very pink and cute. Plus their products are really affordable. However, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's also cheap in quality. This brand actually does have a few great items which I'm personally very fond of. ヽ(^◇^*)/

I don't like to spend too much $$ on nail polishes so I always end up buying these from Essence, just because they have a great variety of colors and I think the quality is really okay for that price! Depending on which type (since there are sub-categories such as top coat, crackle nail polish, magnetics nail polish, french manicure, nail stamping, nail art pen etc.) I usually pay no more than 2 EUR for one bottle. Crazy, isn't it? (*/////∇/////*)


But my greatest addiction is of course their limited editions! I swear, Essence got me with their LEs!! It's not that I go on hunting it just happens that I come across those very frequently when paying the drugstore a visit!! And let me tell you one thing I usually would walk out of the shop with at least one or two products. The shocking thing is that I love to buy their products but I don't see myself using these a lot.(×ω×)Please don't say anything..... I know it is wrong and I've been working on that! Seriously. I guess I did improve, though! ( ̄へ ̄o)



Another item that I absolutely adore is their blush brush. Mine is from the Moonlight limited edition but due to the great demand Essence had these in their regular line as well shortly after. However, after a few makeovers the brush is not the same anymore. It's a pity since the brush was very fluffy and nice.

Now moving back to the original topic, this is the link to the US website:


However, it upsets me that almost everything is cheaper in the States than in Europe!! Seriously it feels like a rip-off all the time!! (*x_x)How do I know? I checked the prices from an online shop... Okay, Essence is really affordable to begin with so I don't mind but generally it's unfair to pay more for the same product...

Do you know Essence? If not, are you willing to try out some products or would you skip this because of various reasons (e.g. too cheap, wrong target group etc.)? I'm curious. (*・∀-)

3 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

Thanks for the heads up! I will keep an eye out for this!

cream puff said...

you should but don't expect too much, though. their products look very girly. lol ^O^;;

Kym said...

oooo! i'll have to keep an eye out for this brand the next time i cross the border to the states!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...