Saturday, October 1, 2011

Essence products in nude


Do you like nude?

I didn't own anything nude-ish (how shocking?!) so it was about time to change that!! The other day I was standing in front of the huge girly Essence display checking out their new products. That's when I spotted these two items and decided to pick them up just to see if nude actually suits me or not.

First item is a nail polish from the Essence colour&go range and this is acutally one of the new shades that got released this month. #70 called "nude it!".

It looks very nice in the bottle and I quickly swatched it once on my nails but since I was too lazy to paint all of my nails I just did my index finger to see how it looks in real life. However, I realized that I forgot to take a snapshot after I removed it..... lol ヾ(≧∇≦*)〃So there will be no swatch. Epic fail!!


The second product is - believe it or not - a lip stick. I rarely use lip stick and if I did I guess I'd have invested a little more $ to get an item with higher quality. However, as it was merely 1,95 EUR, why not? It doesn't hurt to give it a try.



The shade is #52 called "in the nude" and I guess I don't need to say more, do I? It's all about nude~~ Nude is all I need~~(O ̄▽ ̄O)Yup, I'm lame and cheesy!

The color looks very nice but at the same time it is very sheer and doesn't show much, as seen in the photos below. It rather reminds me of a tinted lip balm in terms of pigmentation.





Don't know if it's visible but the case is already scratched and broken. It's super cheaply made. To be fair it was indeed very cheap so why do I complain in the first place? lol (///ω///)


Verdict:  Moderate pigmentation. Crappy packaging. Very moisturizing and creamy. Inexpensive. Smell is okay for my taste.

However, I wouldn't repurchase this just because I mostly would prefer natural cosmetics/organic brands.

4 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

I love Shu Uemura browns and beige sheer lippies - my fave. Cute shades.

Old Cow said...

I love Essence products. I wish that I could get them here too. They are such good value when you get something that works x

cream puff said...

@Jamilla: I've been eyeing the Uemura products for such a long time already but this brand is not available in Germany. T^T

@Old Cow: Wow, so you actually know this brand? *__* I love their eye brow gel and of course, the old blush brush! ^O^

Amanda said...

I like nude nail polish, but only when it is displayed on the cosmetic counters. It also looks wonderful on other girls' nails. But when it comes to my own nails, I prefer something bolders, like pink or peach. I don't know why. Maybe I want something bolder to compromise my light make-up :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...