Saturday, November 12, 2011

Beauty Sleep


How much sleep do you need in order to feel balanced?

When I was younger I loved to sleep in at weekends or during vacation, sometimes even up to 12 hrs! o(≧◇≦)o It took me some time to realize that it's not healthy and seriously when I remember now, it didn't feel good when I woke up. I was plagued by headaches and it feels like I've wasted half of my day....

Don't get me wrong, I still love sleeping but my schedule changed a bit so now 8-10 hrs work pretty fine for me. Of course, during weekdays I mostly catch 6-7 hrs only but that's the minimum. With less than 6 hrs I will get grumpy. lol (*/////∇/////*)

Actually it's not about the quantity but quality of sleep as well. Not to mention that I should go to bed before 10 p.m. Ooops. I promise to work on that, though.(;≧皿≦)

Through the years I've found out some methods that work great for me and I thought I might share these tips. First of all, I use a sleeping mask to cover my eyes. Especially during summer I'd wake up when the sun rises at 4 a.m. I cannot sleep in an environment that's not pitch-black so an eye mask is very helpful indeed.


The second thing that I like to use are ear plugs as I'm also extremely particular with any noise when being on the edge of falling asleep.


Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a diva, I just remembered about the situation I had in the past during a trip. The lovely person I had the pleasure to share the room with was snoring all night long. It was a girl, btw.... I thought only males tend to snore. Apparently I was SO wrong! In order to prevent things like that to happen yet again, I'll make sure to always bring a pack of ear plugs with me. It's a must! Plus I find it very helpful to include these in my daily sleeping routine as well since I'm living in the city, there are lots of  idiots doing stupid things in the dead of night (e.g. drunken people picking up fights or whatsoever), so when the ambulance passes by I won't hear the alarm. I used to hear the night buses passing by... Honestly, do you know how it feels like when you're snuggled into your duvet, having it all nice and cozy, almost dozing off,  then suddenly out of nowhere you hear a vehicle's sound and baaaam!!! you're fully awake...

Imagine yourself going from this ( ~−ω−~) zzz.zzz. to (〇Д◎ノ)!!! to (;° ロ°) within seconds......

Let me tell you these small things do make a HUGE difference. (☆ω☆)

Do you have more tips to share with me? I'd appreciate to know your secrets. bwahahahaha~~ ヾ(*・ω・)ノ゜


Hope you guys are having a wonderful weekend! As to me, I'm not really interested to go outside and prefer to be a couch potato instead. I tell you the temperatures are dropping and it got so super duper cold within a week. I have to adjust to the cold season first. (σ-`д・´)

Also, I've spent almost every single minute of my spare time playing with my new phone.. oh boy.... sometimes I get really confused with the functions. Plus I had some trouble with Vodafone earlier but I'm quite pleased with their customer service. The people on the phone were so much nicer than the ones working in the shops... at least they show the effort of wanting to help you, they still have passion and fire whereas the sales persons basically just want to sell something $$ to you. lol

3 comments:

Cyndi said...

LOL at snoring ... the boyfriend needs those kind of things but i don't, i can sleep about anywhere.

have you seen the jawbone UP? it's a bracelet that syncs with ipads or any i-device and apparently keeps track of your sleep cycle. and wakes you up when you're not in REM sleep!

liv said...

I know exactly what you mean, cause I also have to sleep with earplugs, and some times also with a sleeping mask. I am very sensitive to noise, especially music, talking or footsteps from my neighbors.
It s not fun being so sensitive ;)

here two other advices:
'wärmflasche', since I can't sleep with cold feet, but neither in too warm rooms.

Lavender pillow spray from Primavera: calms your mind and body.

Sleep tight!
Liv

Nic Nic said...

i can't live without my ear plugs these days. It's the only way for me to get decent sleep hehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...