Monday, November 14, 2011

L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Hand Cream


The queen of hand cream is back!

Firstly I have to say that I'm a huge cherry blossom lover. I'd buy almost everything just because it says Cherry on it. But I don't necessarily fall in love with every single product that I purchase so in the end I'm still trying to stay as objective and sober as possible. (*ゝω・´*)

I picked up the travel size hand cream from L'Occitane a very long while ago. I paid 7 EUR for a 30 ml tube.

Personally I'm not super fond of this brand since I find their stuff overpriced. At least for the quality that you get. The ingredients aren't so natural but let's put this aside. Be aware but don't overdo it. ( ̄ー ̄) However, it's another story when I buy something that claims to be organic but in reality is not. Since this is not the case, let's move along.

Information taken from their UK website:
    Enriched with shea butter, this creamy and non-greasy moisturiser nourishes and protects hands, leaving them delicately scented. Contains cherry extract from Luberon, Provence.
Sounds very nice and I rarely would agree, but this time everything is true.

What I like about this cream is the non-greasy texture. It gets absorbed into the skin very quickly leaving a nice and decent scent which is not over the top.



The texture and consistency is more gel-like and not very creamy. I don't have any problems with blending this in, though and the feeling afterwards is incredibly nice. Your hands feel super smooth and moisturized afterwards. Don't forget the subtle "Cherry Blossom" scent!! (♥∀♥)

However, the biggest downfall for me would be the price tag and the fact that it's not very rich. This hand cream is definitely more on the lighter side and more appropriate during summer. For winter I'm afraid it's not moisturizing and rich enough no matter how many times you reapply. Also, I usually don't invest too much $$ into hand cremes, mostly I'd stick with drugstore items and I really have to be crazy about the  more expensive product to justify the purchase. If I ever feel like being extravagant again, the L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Hand Cream would be ranking first!! (*>ω<) 

2 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

Thanks for the review! I am looking for a really rich hand cream, though...

cream puff said...

Perhaps you should try the L'Occitane Shea Butter one as it is super super rich (and leaving a greasy feeling). But the scent is awesome as well!! ^O^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...