Monday, November 7, 2011

Upgraded to a smart phone


Guess what.... I'm old school.

No, I'd rather say I'm poor. (±∀±;) I don't like to waste my money on an extra special $$$$ data plan just to get myself a new phone, even though it's a super stylish one. lol

However, it's another story when I can get it for free! Without spending a single cent I got an iPhone 4!!! How awesome is that?!! ヾ(;☆ω☆)ノ


Before you come up with any conclusions, it's a hand-me-down item from my brother!!! lol (*・∀-)☆

He got himself the 4S a couple of weeks ago and I got his 'old' phone. I like to joke that it's a hand-me-down smart phone but in reality I'm ultra happy and 100% grateful that I got an upgrade for free. Don't know if you could see that but it's still in a super duper condition, traces of usage barely exist! My brother is a very generous person. Only to family and friends, though. haha. Seriously, I'm blessed to have such wonderful people around me. They all spoil me way too much.... (///ω///) I mean, I'm a grown-up and it feels weird when your younger brother spoils you, actually it should be the other way round. Ooops. I will pay him back in the distant future after I landed a great job. *cough* Yes, I'm dreaming. Does this job I'm talking about even exists? (*´ε` *)

However, to be fair I don't think that my old cellphone was soooo bad to begin with. It doesn't come with the convenient functions of a smart phone  but still very stylish. Excuse the messy decoration, the remaining petals are all over the place... At the beginning I had more than one flower..... they all came off one after another.



Now, that I have a new electronical device the only problem I'm facing is the missing micro SIM card.... EPIC fail.... Vodafone is just so super slow I tell you. sigh. (o¬ω¬o) Also I sincerely consider changing services as I was treated uhm.... in a rude manner when I went to the shop last time to ask for a micro SIM upgrade and basically the guy wanted to get rid of me as soon as possible when he realized that he can't talk me into picking a pricey data plan. Now I ordered my card online so I don't have to deal with weird sales persons...

7 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

Congrats on your upgrade! Yep, I agree with you on phone shops - they are seriously weird. I get my phone through work so I can avoid the experience!

liv said...

congrats on you 'new' phone!!!! i am also planing to get a smart phone, but i am very much doubting about getting a great samsung or a very expensive iphone. Keep us updated how you and your new gadget get along :) greetz liv

cream puff said...

@Jamilla: I filed a complaint afterwards. I don't want to be treated like that again. Ever. He was rude and made fun of me. I was confused and only noticed this when I already left the shop. O.o;; lol

@Liv: Ja, das Samsung Galaxy fand ich auch toll! Oder ein Blackberry. Aber wenn man ein iPhone bekommt dann braucht man nicht zu meckern. Doch dieser Preis ist echt unverschaemt! =___=;; Ich verstehe persoenlich den ganzen Hype um diese Marke gar nicht. Jeder will Apple haben weil es Trend ist. Finde ich schade. Aber vielleicht bin ich ja nur verkorkst. O.O;; haha.

Have a great day!!

Btw, I'm wondering... it's office hour time and you both have time to comment? lol lol lol (don't ask why I'm at home... cough cough... the runny nose is back... ugh...)

Simply Life said...

oh how fun! I'm still not using a smartphone and don't think I'll be getting any hand-me-downs soon!

Amanda said...

Similar case here. Two months ago, I was still using a traditional phone that doesn't have any special function. But the loss of a button forced me to buy a new one. So I FINALLY become a smartphone user.

Before that, I was actually ashamed to show my traditional phone in the presence of my friends. You know, when everybody around (except you) is using a new phone, it can be a bit embarrassing...

cream puff said...

@Simply Life: I think I'm getting old but the new functions are a bit overwhelming. lol ^O^;;; I mean it's just a phone why is it so comlicated?

@Amanda: Which phone are you using? I know exactly what you mean, it's not that I was embarrassed to show my old phone but the people in HK are quite... uhm... special when it comes to technical stuff. Like you always need the newest model in every aspect of your daily life. If you don't have it, you're out and not stylish....

Nic Nic said...

this phone still look really new and ipohne 4 is a relatively new model too! yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...