Thursday, December 29, 2011

Alverde Lip Balm Calendula

I'm finally back with a proper posting this time. ~~-v(* ̄・ ̄)。。

To be honest, the products that I want to review are actually piling up. Some were gifts from loved ones but there are also items that I picked up by myself when I was strolling around the drugstore. (///ω///)

However, today I want to talk about something that has been part of my daily routine for.... a very long time already. I'm talking about the Alverde Calendula lip balm.


Basically it's just your average chapstick which comes in a plastic tube along with a matching cap. Not very pretty but practical indeed. The glide isn't as smooth as the regular lip balms such as Labello, Nivea etc. and feels more waxy and not creamy at all. But then it really depends on how you store your lip balm, and to be honest, I find that the quality of this particular chapstick tend to vary. Sometimes I get one that glides on perfectly and the other time I might end up with one that's super hard and waxy. It doesn't feel good since the surface gets rough as well.  Anyway, it has a glossy finish which I love. Of course, it only gets super glossy and shiny when the application itself was soft and easy beforehand.... Does anyone actually understand what I'm trying to say? lol (* ´Д゜*)

 EDIT: To see a demonstration please refer to this entry.





It contains 4,8 g and costs like EUR 1,19 only. Keep in mind that the formulation is approved by Natrue and BDIH which means it is a real organic product with proper certification. Of course, it doesn't necessarily mean that the ingredients are of super high quality but I find it better than using lip care products that are based on petroleum jelly.

What I like about Alverde is that you could easily access their website and find the ingredients list when you've already tossed out the packaging. lol

Ingredients
    Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extrakt, Magnesium Stearate, Aroma (Flavor), Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Tocopherol


Even though I've mentioned earlier that I love both brands, I like the Alterra Lip balm Chamomile slightly better just because the texture feels less waxy and it glides on better, especially during winter season as I don't have the habit to carry chapstick in the pocket of my pants/jeans/whatever bottoms.

It is said that all lip care products that are based on Castor Seed Oil should be drying on your lips, however, I don't see much of a difference. My lips are super smooth. Wanna try?(ーεー)*chu*

2 comments:

liv said...

Good that you are back :0 I used to love that stick, but then i ve gotten one from dr.Hauschka (by my boyfriend) and (of course) it totally overrule the alverde one. Now it's alverde in the summer and hauschka in the winter .NICE! "Einen guten Rutscht für Dich und Deine Familie!" (I just love that saying), Liv

cream puff said...

Ich kann mir schon vorstellen, dass die Lippenpflege von Dr. Hauschka traumhaft gut ist. ^O^ Allerdings bin ich so ein Schussel, ich verliere die Dinger immerzu und bei einem 1 EUR Ding tut es nicht so weh wie bei einem 10 EUR Stift. hahaha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...