Sunday, January 15, 2012

Swollen eyelids....

In my facial asymmetry post I mentioned that I have different eye shapes. Under normal circumstances the crease on my right eye isn't as high as on the left side, making the entire eye seem a lot smaller. However, one day (about 1-2 weeks ago) I woke up with swollen eyes, actually only the right one was swollen. No, I did not cry my eyes out over stupid things. In fact I didn't cry at all, perhaps I went to bed a bit... uhm.. late. (σ-`д・´)

Okay, so I ended up having a higher crease on the right eye, both eyes started to look more evenly but it was slightly uncomfortable for me since I felt how swollen my eye was by every blink. Very irritating. Now I do understand that it's little bit hard for non-Asian to comprehend the entire situation because they have different eye shapes....



Uhm excuse me for the super dark circles under my eyes. You could tell that I didn't sleep well enough. It took me like 2-3 days until everything was back to normal. Of course, the right eye looks smaller again but I seriously don't mind as the eyelid now folds the usual way so nothing feels weird anymore. (*・∀-)

Now the bad thing is that my left eye has been weird since Friday.... sigh. (ー△ー;)




It is so super uncomfortable and annoying at the same time. Of course, I admit that it makes my left eye appear bigger than it usually does but still, I don't like the feeling of my eyes being swollen. Just for comparison, this is how the crease on my left eye normally looks like.


I know that Asians are obsessed with the entire crease thing (double eyelids) but I can tell from personal experiences that it does make a huge difference if the crease is higher just by a few millimeters or not.... It looks so much better but it doesn't equally mean it's more comfortable that way. (±∀±;)


1 comment:

Jamilla Camel said...

Ouch! My eyes are lopsided too! My left eye is noticeably bigger than my right!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...