Friday, February 3, 2012

Alterra Lip Balm for sensitive skin and some update



I spotted this twin pack in the drugstore and decided that I cannot pass without buying at least one pack. Such great value for little money!! (* ̄ー ̄*) Besides, I tend to misplace my chapsticks all the time so it's an item I won't splurge on. lol

Compared to the original chapstick from Alterra this pack is only a limited edition which means it's not permanent. One tube contains 4,5 g whereas the regular one has 4,8 g inside. It's not a major difference, though. To be honest, I can't really tell much of a difference anyway as I think both versions work the same to me, only that the actual stick for sensitive skin is a bit lighter and not as yellow as the chamomile one. Both glide on easily leaving a glossy finish without being too waxy.




What confuses me is the fact that according to the ingredients list this lip balm contains Parfum which is from the natural essential oils. However, I don't really smell anything at all. So I might go as far as to say this is unscented, because when thinking about scents I always have this strong perfumy scent in mind which is not the case here.

Now onto something that's been on my mind for so long. In this review I explained why I don't love the lip balm from Alverde as much as the one from Alterra.

I find that the quality of this particular chapstick tend to vary. Sometimes I get one that glides on perfectly and the other time I might end up with one that's super hard and waxy.

I'm fully aware that this sentence is hard to comprehend when you haven't experienced the same as I did so I've decided to include some pictures to show you guys what I'm trying to say. (●ゝ∀・●)

Alverde Lip Balm Calendula
 
One that works perfectly fine.

Rough surface which feels waxy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...