Monday, February 20, 2012

Japanese heating pads


For the past few weeks I have been struggling with the sudden cold wave in Germany. As you may have already noticed, I kind of have a love-hate relationship with the heater. Instead, I like to grab a hot water bottle (or two...) and still have it cozy and warm. However, something is  missing when you're facing degrees below zero.(×ω×)

Here, I have to thank Amanda for leaving such a helpful advice in the comment section!! She mentioned something about Japanese heating pads, that's when I suddenly remembered that my uncle left me a plastic bag filled with those heating pads when he visited us last year in January (it was freezing back then)! (-∀-。)

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, basically heat pads are self-adhesive pads which can be put on any part of the body that you want to keep warm. Personally I find this website has a good introduction including instructions and how these work. (Please note that I'm not affiliated to any company when I provide links to other websites!!)

The thing is that you shouldn't be using these while sleeping to prevent skin burns, however, I wear tons of layers these days so..... ☆≡(*≧ε≦*)Please don't do the same foolish things like I do.... Of course, if it's super cold and freezing I do use the heater, though!!


I'm really impressed that the heat is so super long lasting!! ヾ(*´∀`*)ノ I must remind myself to restock on these when I have the chance to.

While I'm already at it, I still have a smaller pack which are suitable for warming your feet! But ever since I splurged on UGG boots I no longer do feel there's a need to put these into my shoes as well. Perhaps I'm saving them for my normal leather boots if I have to dress more classy.


4 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

I saw a lot of these for sale in Japan! That, and for Uniqlo HeatTech!

Nic Nic said...

they are really great if you're stuck in the cold - i used them during snowboarding XD they are dirt cheap in Japan!

La Dolce Vita said...

Luckily I think the cold is going away :) spring is coming! It's great to see another asian-blogger in Germany, there's not many of us here (or at least in my city hehe..>__<)

Amanda said...

Glad that you like my suggestion. Never thought my comment could be that useful...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...