Monday, May 14, 2012

Alverde Eyeliner Pencil #07 Blue


Today I want to talk about the Alverde pencil eyeliners, I own a few of these, however, I think they vary a lot quality-wise. I picked the shade 07 in blue to write about, because I couldn't find my purple eyeliner any longer... First of all, I like to mention that I really love the pencil eyeliners from the limited editions, since they're nicely pigmented. Sadly I can't say the same for their regular editions.... I bought a purple and a blue shade, both are kinda hard to work with, plus pigmentation was pretty bad, too. Oh, I even had one in white as well which I originally purchased to use on my waterline, but soon abandoned this idea due to low pigmentation. Overall, pretty disappointing.




I really had hoped the blue would be more vibrant but sadly it is not the case. It is too sheer for my taste and doesn't glide on smoothly. I had to press quite hard to get this result, so... I don't want to imagine that I have to use the same force on my eye. (☆o◎)




Here I'm not saying that all pencil eyeliners from Alverde are equally bad since I'm absolutely in love with these.


Personally I wouldn't recommend you to buy the shade in purple, blue and white. Then, I'm not sure if Alverde improved the formula of the aforementioned or not, since the ones I bought were older, ranging from 2009-2011. Also, I believe that this particular shade in blue got discontinued as well but still, for me it's like a 50/50 chance so unless I find a shade that's absolute stunning I wouldn't purchase any eyeliner pencils from Alverde any time soon.


3 comments:

liv said...

oh bummer! luckily you still have the zauberwald ones :) i loooooved those colours until i got an allergic reaction to them :S Hugs, liv

cream puff said...

Echt? Allergische Reation? Oh wei wie schlimm ist das denn?? =.=;; Ist es nur bei den Zauberwald Stiften so oder allgemein bei Alverde Eyeliners?

Amanda said...

I happen to have an Alverde eyeliner in black (exactly the one you show in the photo!!), and I have to say I don't like it, because it doesn't stay on my eyes. I'm interested to know how long you wait until you can "lightly" rub your eyes without smudging the color off.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...